Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lighting Tips for Low Key...

Tomorrow I am shooting a low key assignment and to be completely honest, I have no idea how to light for a low key portrait!  So I did some research and found some pretty helpful hints!  Low key light accentuates the contours of an object by throwing areas into shade while a fill light or reflector may illuminate the shadow areas to control contrast.  A low key photo will use dark colors for a dramatic effect, but low key photos must be well lit to compensate for the dark colors! Go to this website and learn some helpful hints on lighting a low key portrait!

Here is a picture I found that inspired me for my low key portrait :)

I love this because it is a very simple portrait, but also reflects a mood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment