Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Best of Photojournalism 2010

I know I keep saying that I love photojournalism.... but I am going to say it again, I Love Photojournalism with all my heart.  I constantly go to the website, the best of photojournalism 2010 to get inspired, and let me to you, it works. I came across this photo taken by Barbera Davidson of Los Angeles Times and looking at it brought tears to my eyes.  It amazes me how a photographer can capture a moment like this and for me, it it so much more than a picture, its also a story within itself.  Take a look at this photo.  Believe me, you will be inspired.

Sgt. Major Leroy Walker cries during the singing of “Amazing Graze” during a candle light vigil for his fellow soldiers gunned down by Major Nidal Hasan, a US military psychiatrist, at Fort Hood Military Base in Texas. Witnesses say Major Hassan bowed his head for several seconds, as if praying, stood up and drew a high-powered pistol. “Allahu akbar,” he cried — “God is great.” And he opened fire. Within minutes he had killed 13 people and wounded 32 others before a civilian police officer shot him, leaving him paralyzed.

No comments:

Post a Comment